Thursday, January 06, 2005

Commence Forgetting of Auld Acquaintances

Yeah yeah, I'm lazy and haven't posted anything for a few days. I've been on a much-needed bender for the past week or so. . . so really, I haven't gotten much of anything done. Showering, bathing, paying bills, etc., have all been shelved for the time being. Probably permanently.

I think the spirit of the New Year can is adequately represented in the conversation I had with two kids from Kazakhstan that I met on the subway recently, shortly before schooling them in Super Mario 3 on their own gameboys.

"Are you in high school?"
"No. . . no I already did all that. . . I work
now."
"Wow! You're a man now!"
"Yeah. . . yeah I'm a man alright."
"Do you have a wife?"
"No."
"Why not? You don't want a wife?"
At this point several passengers were taking interest in our conversation. I took the opportunity to have another swig of Jack before I launched into something that began with "Lemme tell you a lil' somethin' about women. . . " I found myself tossing around the phrase "when I was your age" far more than I normally feel comfortable with. So, to sum up:

1. Happy New Year from the adopted kids I met on the 4 train.
2. Olde English the beverage is far superior to Olde English the language.
3. I need a wife.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hehe. "when i was your age." how old are you. 50?

9:43 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

dude, I thought you hated the strand . . .

12:08 am  
Blogger K-Smack said...

Wait...what...? Hate what? What are you talking about?

6:19 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counter